5 Ways Working Out Can Benefit Your Skin
April 25, 2015
Cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing are all helpful and beneficial parts of skin care, but did you know that exercise can also help improve and maintain healthy skin? Here are five great reasons why working out should be incorporated into your daily routine:
- Exercise makes you sweat: While you are sweating you are actually getting rid of toxins in your body. These toxins can clog your pores and cause pimples, so it is important to wash your face immediately following your workout.
- Exercise tones your muscles: Working out helps build muscle tone. The more toned you are beneath your skin, the more firm and elastic it will appear.
- Exercise boosts oxygen and blood flow to the skin: Working out gets the blood flowing, with this increased flow it carries oxygen as well as nutrients to the skin.
- Exercise eases stress: There has been small study showing that stress can possibly worsen or trigger acne. So get to the gym or go for a run; it’s a great way to relieve stress and help keep skin clear.
- Exercise gives your skin a beautiful natural glow: Working out helps produce natural oils, which help keep your skin looking supple. However, don’t disregard your daily cleansing routine, as a build-up of these oils could cause breakouts.
For more information, click on this link to read more about how exercise can help keep your skin looking great.
– Dr. Gutierrez, MD